I used 1 meter each of the frame, and drape fabrics to fit the size I wanted. Yours will depend on the openings you have available to fit.
I used 1 meter of beaded trim and braiding, and two tassels that I found for 1.39 ea from a local fabric store.
The striped piece I used to make the frame is cotton drapery fabric, and the drapes are silk that I found a great sale on. I bought a cheap tension shower rod that is threaded through a pocket on top. I cut a heavy wooden dowel for the bottom of the window to keep it from sagging. This could be made several ways, and with any fabric you have on hand.
This is a basic diagram of what I made. It may help to make yourself a paper pattern (taped together) of your theatre to be sure your dimensions suit your needs.
I love this project! It was simple and the kids love it!
Ava walks back and forth admiring and running her fingers through the trim 💕
Enjoy your productions!
Thanks for visiting with us!
Please visit and "like" for updates on our
Facebook Page! We share photos and
updates of what we are up to there!
We love to hear from you!!
If you have any questions for us comment... ASK!!
Visit us on Pinterest as well!!
Subscribe to Making Montessori Ours to get all of our
latest updates by email & Subscribers FREE Printable List.